Tuesday, March 6, 2018

early release

On Monday, I was presenting a lesson on Haiku to my Beta students when I received a call from Superintendent Benson saying we were going to have a 2 hour early release. At the time, the weather hadn't descended, but the level of energy in the room was palpable.

I do believe children can sense big weather changes.

I worked on some projects including some artwork for the PTO fundraiser--chili cook off and filing some graded papers. I looked out the window and noticed a copious amount of snow falling down. Anna stopped down to see if I needed a ride. I denied the offer but when Brad called to see if I needed a ride, I decided it would be really smart.

Here is a Haiku that was inspired by the beautiful snow:

The snow is falling
rapidly filling the streets
now it's time to dig

No comments:

happy St Pattys!

I drive down to St James to help clean Moms assisted living apartment with Kyle, Kim and Joan. Then we took items to Kyle and Kim’s garage. ...