Wednesday, August 2, 2017

math grant Eau Claire edition

some lovely wildflowers along the banks of the Eau Claire and Chippewa rivers

my beautiful friend, Michelle sitting on the bench given in memory of her grandparents on the confluence of the Eau Claire and Chippewa Rivers

showing the view from the bench 

music on the river on Thursday evenings
We had a fun and educational adventure in Eau Claire for our math grant meetings. We left early on Tuesday morning--had meetings until 5pm and then checked into our hotel--the Fairfield Inn. We then went downtown for dinner--portabella mushroom sandwich and for a nice walk where we found a really yummy ice cream shop.

Wednesday morning was getting to our meetings on campus and learning about algebra. That evening we went to dinner at a Thai restaurant and then exploring Banburry Place.

Thursday morning we got up a little early and I went for a walk while Maggie and Michelle ran. Thursday was morning learning about word problems. Thursday evening we went to dinner at Stella Blues and then down to the river to listen to music. I estimate there were probably about 1000 people in attendance.

Friday morning we had a redo of walking/running. I took my test and our group did a little lesson planning. I left early to head to Jenna's wedding shower and to spend time with my Mom over the weekend.

I love spending time with my math cohort and learning new techniques for being a better teacher.

No comments:

happy anniversary

31 years ago my dear brother Cory married the enchanting Joan! Wishing you a lifetime of joy and happiness!