Wednesday, August 16, 2017

cool desk

Starting to spend a fair amount of time in my classroom getting it ready for the coming school year. One of the goals was to have a really nice entry into the classroom and the small table that had been there was just not effective.

My mission was to find a place to house both my recycling and garbage right by the door and have a place for children to make their lunch choice. I found a nice desk for $15 at 2nd chances, a 2nd hand store here in River Falls.

I lightly sanded the desk and applied 2 coats of Dairy White paint (I bought a little sample size at Ace Hardware). I then applied some beautiful gold and ivory colored fabric I bought at Walmart to the inside of each drawer with spray adhesive. Taped off a rectangle on the top of the desk and sprayed a chalkboard paint/let it dry. Lastly I put new handles on the piece purchased from Home Depot.

I found the desk was a little too long and wouldn't adequately fit the spot I had originally intended so I re-purposed my music desk and it looks like it will be perfect. The refinished desk will now be my desk ;).

Here are photos:







No comments:

happy anniversary

31 years ago my dear brother Cory married the enchanting Joan! Wishing you a lifetime of joy and happiness!