Monday, May 23, 2011

crazy weather

We had some crazy weather this weekend!  Yesterday the day started out with overcast skies.  As we were listening to MN Teen Challenge in church, the skies opened and we were dumped on with rain.  We proceeded to walk home, drive to Perkins with Liana and Ryan, eat dinner with Mom & Dad (great to be together!) and drive Kate to Ian's Fifth Birthday party at The Crossings swimming pool and gather back at home to finish our Osten celebration at home.

Mom and Dad, Liana and Ryan left our home at about 3:00pm--Brad, Osten and I all fell asleep.  I woke at about 3:45 pm to go out for an eight miler.  It was extremely humid/windy/still/sunny/cloudy during my run.  Seemed like a teenaged girl and her mood.  Found out while driving with Sarah to the movie Bridesmaids that there had been a tornado in Minneapolis while I was out for my run!  After the girls night movie (Angie, Sarah, Michelle Johnson, Kim and I) and much laughter, Sarah and I drove home and it poured on us once again.

cleanup after Minneapolis tornado 5/22/11 (scitimes.com)

Hopefully today will be a non-dramatic weather day!

No comments:

break day 3

Woke up on my home farm and headed over to Brandt Ridge to get the last of Moms stuff packed and brought to Kyle and Kim’s garage. We got he...