Tuesday, May 3, 2011

eat fresh

Last night when we were sitting down to dinner, our family had a discussion regarding events of the past weekend, most significantly a discussion regarding the falling of Osama bin Laden.  Brad and I told the kids of the falling of the Twin Towers and the terrorists who were responsible. 

Anders response was "Two wrongs do not make a right".  Fresh perspective from and introspective nine year old who soon will be ten!

Another story on eat fresh...back in late February, Anders hosted friends Austin and Peter at a weekend at Grandma and Grandpa's house in Grantsburg.  On our way to the lake, we stopped at a Subway shop in Osceola, Wisconsin.  That was by FAR, the most entertaining Subway stop EVER.  Our sandwich artist Joe was very witty and engaging.  He asked Katie "what's happening beautiful" she shirked so I answered "not much!".  Just snowballed from there including Austin ordering a footlong FEAST, Katie playing hide and seek with Joe, finding out Joe's 23rd birthday was happening a few days after our visit (March 1st) and listening to Joe's banter with various guests.

Katie reminded me of this encounter last night when she told me that we had dined with friend Trish Bixby at the University Center on Joe's Birthday.  At first I didn't know to whom she was referring and I just knew I had to blog about it so we didn't forget that special experience. 

No comments:

happy St Pattys!

I drive down to St James to help clean Moms assisted living apartment with Kyle, Kim and Joan. Then we took items to Kyle and Kim’s garage. ...