Saturday, May 2, 2020

winter to spring

Today was a day of getting flannel sheets off beds and putting on summer sheets. I hung the summer sheets on the line so they had a nice sunny smell, washed bedding from 3 of the 4 beds in the house--Katie takes care of her own bedding and now have the flannel sheets downstairs ready to be brought out again in September or October. I also brought up my box of spring/summer clothes and swapped them out for the fall/winter wear in the closet. It's almost like going shopping!

Ordered a corsage for Lindsey at her prom with Anders on his birthday and also took Anders' choir tux into the dry cleaner to get ready for their date.

Katie and I went shopping in Hudson at Target. I wore a mask and we spent time together browsing the aisles. We did get her a couple of new dresses for summer, a new tennis racket, some yummy granola cereal that Osten and I like, a new top sheet for Osten's bed, a little baby gift for Jenna and Cody's expectant arrival, a couple of snacks for prom and some face wash for Katie.

Then on our way home, we decided to make some Spanish rice for dinner. We stopped at Aldi to get ingredients and went home to prepare dinner. Yummy dinner on the porch with Spanish rice, hotdogs, chips and salsa and milk. I then finished getting the laundry in, the beds made and then Katie and I settled in to watch an episode of the Tiger King...super crazy show, but I definitely was interested.

Overall it was a great day--the sun was shining, our beds are nice and fresh and ready for summer!

No comments:

happy Wednesday