Friday, March 13, 2020

extended spring break

This afternoon, I was at my hairdressers getting a little freshness to my hairdo when my friend Julie texted to let me know that our friend, Anie's daughter's play was postponed (we were supposed to meet in Bloomington to attend) until May.

As I was sitting under the drier, I got a text from the school district that our Governor, Tony Evers, has declared all Wisconsin schools to be closed from 5pm on Wednesday, March 18 through April 6. What a huge decision!

So, when I was done with my appointment, I drove to Stillwater to go out with friends Julie and Trish at a yummy restaurant called Matchsticks, hug because it's just surreal what's happening to the world because of this pandemic and just appreciate one another's friendship.


I'm starting to think of things I can have my students work on during the break. I bought some new composition notebooks while I was out and think I will have them working on some creative writing or journaling work.

No comments:

eventful day

Anders turned 23, Ryan and Summer became parents to Leon Clarence—Leon was airlifted to Sioux Falls as he was having breathing issues and th...