Wednesday, March 4, 2020

cause for pause

I have been steadily waking earlier every morning. This morning the alarm sounded at 4:33am. I hit the snooze once and was in Anytime working out at 4:58am. I put in a 50 minute elliptical, some core work and then did some shoulders and leg weights.

Then it was time to hit the stairs of North Hall on UWRF campus. As I was climbing down from the 4th floor, I peeked outside to see the reflection of the sun on the buildings to the west of the building. WOW. We live in a beautiful small city. It totally inspired a cause for pause.

I started reflecting on our journey to this point. 16 years ago, Brad, Anders and I first set foot in town, fell in love with our little house and have since fell in love with the community. Katie and Osten have also joined us in our little home in River Falls. How fortunate we are! Shortly after having this beautiful reflection, I ran into my principal, Nate and we had a nice walk/talk as he was starting a walk and I was finishing my journey home after my daily workout.

Now it's time to nurse our sweet Katie who is still sporting a 100.7 temperature, feed Osten his daily buttered bread and hot chocolate/half and half with 9 marshmallows, wake Anders, shower and take a group of 21 students on a field trip to Minneapolis.

It's going to be a great day!.

No comments:

eventful day

Anders turned 23, Ryan and Summer became parents to Leon Clarence—Leon was airlifted to Sioux Falls as he was having breathing issues and th...