Monday, March 30, 2020

did someone say sunshine?

In one word. WOW. What a beautiful day.

Osten is eager to get outside to play a game of baseball, so when we have done that, I will post a photo. He found his favorite baseball bat in a pile of leaves over at Charlie and Nancy's house...wonder how it got over there?

Day was spent learning/planning for teaching from home. It will be interesting to see how we get this all together. Kind of sounds like we will be doing small amounts of instruction every day versus three full lessons...60 minutes of work for 1st graders and 75 minutes of work for 2nd and 3rd grade. We talked as a whole staff and then our classroom touched base about touching base with our families to make sure they are doing ok...one of my students has a fever (hopefully not Covid) but we just want to make sure parents are feeling successful and supported.

Here is a photo from my Zoom meeting:

Here is a picture of Osten doing his school work today:

Went for a 4 mile run--first mile was walking to my friend, Michelle's house to drop off some paperwork for one of her students--so my first mile was pretty slow, but the next three miles were faster. The sunshine was like medicine as I was making my way around town.

Got to see a former student, a sibling of a current student, our Principal's wife and her parents along with their two sweet kiddos, Ms. Michelle and a current student who almost jumped out of the car to say hello to me. It was a truly satisfying adventure.

Now off to baseball with Osten and I will post some photos when we are finished with our game.
Osten won the game 3-2.

and now Anders is practicing his baritone for band class...it is music to my ears.

No comments:

eventful day

Anders turned 23, Ryan and Summer became parents to Leon Clarence—Leon was airlifted to Sioux Falls as he was having breathing issues and th...