Monday, March 23, 2020

day of productivity

This morning, I slept in and planned a day of organizing and cleaning. I did get a closet cleaned out that has been on my "to do list" for a while. I hope to use all the lotions I've been gifted in the past few years. Also tackled the stove as I found oven cleaner in that closet I'd been avoiding ;).

The upstairs bathroom got a good scrubbing too. That is where the cleaning stopped. Then Katie and I inventoried what we needed to bake oatmeal raisin cookies. We didn't have as much oatmeal as I had thought, so it was:
1. to Aldi (didn't find oatmeal, shelves bare of oatmeal) but we did get lettuce, bagels, blueberries, chips and salsa and batteries
2. to Walgreens (found quick oats, but not the other kind of oatmeal) and got Easter candy (Osten found out I help the Easter Bunny and I told him I'm worried about Covid 19, so wanted to make sure we had SOME candy and we also picked up some photos I printed for the Zizu students.
3. to Fox Den to pick up a book and a puzzle and complete my wish list--I found out all non-essential businesses are going to be closed starting tomorrow...no more Fox Den until further notice
4. to Family Fresh to get our oatmeal

Then it was home to make our cookies and a pan of chocolate chip cookie bars (Brad's favorite). Lindsey spent the day with our family so she tried some cookies (her Dad is a legendary chocolate chip cookie baker) and also had meatloaf for dinner. She had never tasted meatloaf before and was very polite and said thank you for dinner.
 

Before we had dinner, the kids and I walked over to campus for a game of basketball. We had a blast playing full court basketball...it was great to spend time together outside.


After dinner, Katie and I went for a walk and I got to see the inside of our school--it's coming right along and gives me hope for school with all the crazy health concerns.



Talked to Mom after our walk. So great to hear her voice and hear that she is still well and able to get around...not able to see her friends, but she is able to get out of the building from time to time and is still making trips to the grocery store.

After talking to Mom, I was looking online and found a camper van that I think would be pretty amazing to have:
I'm going to have to try and dream about getting one of these...

No comments:

eventful day

Anders turned 23, Ryan and Summer became parents to Leon Clarence—Leon was airlifted to Sioux Falls as he was having breathing issues and th...