Friday, January 17, 2020

early release, new Chinese teacher, day 3 of 10 day challenge and music program

Here I am curled up on our small couch in the living room, listening to Osten playing some Minecraft, knowing that Anders just left for a friends' birthday party and feeling nice and cozy in my surroundings.

We released two hours early in preparation for a winter storm that is just starting to rear it's head in town. After I blog, I plan on walking down to Anytime Fitness to do my daily workout.

Yesterday, our school had a beautiful winter program where we paid tribute to our Chinese teacher, Ms. Jessie and also met our new Chinese teacher Ms. Ester. They will be working together for a few days and then Jessie will be returning home and starting to teach the class that Ms. Ester started at the beginning of the year. The children sang great songs lead by our 1/2 year music teacher, Ms. Beka. I had the privilege of presenting her with a beautiful bouquet to thank her for all her hard work. One of the highlights of the program was when the entire student body sang a song called One Day.
Jessie, Ester and Ms. Maggie
Coulter and myself at the program last night

Lastly, I want to share the photo I posted for the 10 day challenge. It's Anders holding Osten during the summer of 2010 up north at Grandma and Grandpa's house. Katie is walking in the background and it just captures how much Anders loves his little brother.

No comments:

genes are strong

  This is a sweet 3 year old who is poking out her tongue. 👅 I happen to know her great grandmother, great aunt, her Mom and her Mom’s cous...