Wednesday, June 5, 2019

lovely field trip

Yesterday, our Lower Elementary classes dodged an icky weather day with a beautiful field trip to Kinnickinnic State Park. I had 7 incredible parent volunteers with 24 eager students. We looked at animal tracks and scat, we learned about the Flooded Forest, we learned what makes a river and we also went mucking for macro invertebrates.

We had a sizeable hill to scale and my Fitbit recorded the hill as having 19 flights of stairs...I easily attained my 10 floors per day goal with scaling that hill twice ;).

After we returned and as I was walking home from school the severe weather descended and we had a nasty thunderstorm for several hours. We were so lucky to have such beautiful weather on our outdoor adventure!

Here's a view from our time mucking for macro invertebrates.

No comments:

game 2 at Target Center

Katie, Osten and I traveled to Target Center this evening to see the Timberwolves face the Phoenix Suns in game 2 of the NBA western confere...