Saturday, December 17, 2016

a brother's tribute

and this is from one of the best big brothers there ever has been:

Two years ago the 13th was on a Saturday. I spent most of the day recovering from a Friday night Christmas party. I find myself in Mankato, downtown at this time in 2014. I wasn't feeling very good. I've recovered from more than a few Christmas parties before but something about this night was different. I felt terrible to my core. My stomach was churning in knots. I decided to call it an early night. I was just getting to bed when I received a phone call from my dad. I will never forget that call. Ever. The drive home was worse. Passing the crash scene solidified the nightmare. 
The loss of a close loved one is unbearable. I love you Ross. Seeing you again is motivation for me to do my best and live an honest life.

No comments:

warm memory of Uncle Leo

  My uncle Leo loved being in the woods and collecting maple sap and boiling it down. His grandson, Tyler just posted this photo of his gran...