Sunday, December 15, 2019

on the shores of Big Wood Lake

After a wonderful week of school and life, Katie and I drove up north together to start Geekend--a meeting of Ibby, Molly and myself at Molly and Brent's cabin on Big Wood Lake.

I dropped Katie off at Grandma and Grandpa's house and then continued down Northshore Drive to the other Casa de Olson. I was greeted by a calm and tranquil Molly who had just enjoyed a luxurious massage by Sarah, a friend of Ibby's. Ibby was getting a massage at 7:45 when I arrived. I brought all my gear into the house and then shortly thereafter was treated to THE best massage I've ever received. Sarah worked her magic and I felt completely well and in balance when I was finished.

After that, we watched the movie Friday the 13th and then read some poetry together.

Off to bed and dreamland for the three of us.

The morning had a gentle start. Ibby and I went into town to get some last ingredients for our cookie baking extravaganza. We got back to the cabin and Molly was awake and ready to go. First I introduced the ladies to the card game Dominion and then we started our cookie baking and ended up making ginger snaps, white chocolate puff corn, monster cookies, biscotti and tasty baby belly buttons.

In between marathon baking we ate lunch of a meat and cheese tray and veggies. Brent and the boys stopped by the house (Anders, Osten, Ivan and Ike) to build snow forts and make a small sledding hill. It was nice to see the boys for a bit. I also went for a short walk on the lake to Bud and Betty's house and back again to the cabin. I took some fun pictures of the sunset as I was walking.

Off to dinner at Bud and Betty's house where we had wild rice hotdish and strawberry rhubarb pie. Back to the cabin again where we played a game of making bracelets and watching the movie Moonrise Kingdom. We watched the movie in memory to our dear Kimberly who loved the movie dearly. I feel like her spirit is here with us this weekend and we pay tribute to her memory.

Now it's time for bed and another morning of Geekend is all planned out for Sunday morning.











No comments:

Today was a fun day at school and home. Our class has been communicating with a class grandparent who drives a semi truck named trucker Bob....