Sunday, December 29, 2019

on the fourth and fifth days of Christmas...

Saturday was one of the slipperiest days I've ever seen. Our neighbors Charlie and Nancy missed their flight to Puerto Rico due to a huge pileup on 494. They had to return to River Falls and Grommet joined them on Sunday. I walked to workout and to do a little shopping at Treasures From the Heart. I had no problem walking, but driving looked a little different.

Anders and I played a game of Trouble and then a game of Monopoly. Then we went over to a friend's house for the evening.

Sunday morning, the sun was shining beautifully and we walked to church to hear a great message about New Beginnings based on John Chapter One verses 1-14. It was a terrific message. Bruce and Julie also came to church. We got home and watched the MN Vikings lose to the Chicago Bears. Evidently they had all their second string in during the game, so they weren't expected to win, but it still makes me sad to see.

Katie and I went to Woodbury Lakes to do some shopping and got a couple new pairs of leggings, a new sweater and long sleeved white shirt. We then went to the movie, Little Women and I cried like a baby in several parts. It was a good movie.

We got home and I went for a walk with my friend Sharyl and I got to hear about her interesting move to UMD and how that is currently working for her. I will miss her company in River Falls after her daughter, Alex graduates and she moves up north permanently. Now I'm gearing up to host one of my former student's and his little sister for the day tomorrow. They ran out of daycare options, so I'm very happy to help out. I miss him and Osten is a good friend of his. We should have fun!

No comments:

track meet #1 for Osten

A picture perfect day for an inaugural track meet for Osten! He did long jump and the mile run. Long jump 9’ 6” and mile run at 6:12. He loo...