Saturday, November 16, 2019

oh what a night!

Had a great day at school and then, it just kept getting better from there. Had a meeting at our district office and learned that it is likely I will be invited to visit China next summer as a part of the agreement our district has with my cooperating teacher, Jessie's school in China.

Next, I went home to change for an evening of fun with Bud, Betty, Bruce, Brad, Katie and Osten eating dinner at Culvers. Then I was off to pick up my friend Jessie for the opening of the high school musical and to be a ticket seller at the event. When we arrived at the high school and got situated, I got to sit next to my dear friend, Sharyl and we were able to catch up on life events--her daughter Alex had some great roles. She and Anders have been acting together for years. I also had the privilege of meeting the fight choreographer of whom Anders had spoken very highly of. The choreographer mentioned that he has worked with many actors on this production and Anders made a great impression on him--he's very coachable and has strong natural talent. That was really great to hear.

In comes my dear college friend, Trish, Julie and Ivy! They arrived to see the musical with me for opening night. Brad, Osten and Katie also arrived as did Bud and Betty. We all were seated and discovered I had reserved the best seats in the house front row center!

We traveled through time and space to the mid 18th century in France where Anders and all the talented actors and musicians of the cast sang there way through an epic tale. Anders looked like a bona fide stage star...I can't wait to get some of the photos that Julie captured!

After the show, Brad took the kids home, Bud and Betty drove north and my friends snapped a couple photos with Anders and then we went out to Juniors Bar and grill to have a few appetizers, chat about life and plan our next adventure. Jessie seemed to have a wonderful time as she was trying to keep up with our conversation and added so much laughter to the evening.
All the seniors from the production plus the director. Anders has his arm around Ms. Miller on the far left top row

Julie, Ivy, Trish, Jessie and myself toasting the evening

The cake that Trish brought from Dorothy Ann's in Woodbury--yum!

Happiness is shared!

with the famous lemon drop--life is bitter and sweet!


It was a night that will live on my memory for years to come.

No comments:

happy anniversary

31 years ago my dear brother Cory married the enchanting Joan! Wishing you a lifetime of joy and happiness!