Friday, June 22, 2018

mathing it

I have spent the past 4 days at a math seminar in Eau Claire. I am now looking at the world and trying to estimate length, perimeter and area of nearly everything.

The Chippewa River was very close to flooding and it was really interesting to go out during breaks to observe the river flowing very rapidly near the UW Eau Claire campus.

Learned how to play the yard game Kubb and also played some bocce ball. Also went out for some Hibachi grill action. It was a wonderful math grant experience!

the Chippewa River (and normally a walking path)

making a 3 dimensional object with my team

Hibachi

view of the river from the building where I had classes 

estimating angles

a cool tool I would like for my classroom

view from the Chippewa River high bridge

No comments:

happy Wednesday