Tuesday, June 29, 2021

day 1 of training


I put a lofty goal on my calendar. Literally, put it on our google calendar. I want to run a marathon on October 24, 2021. It will be my bucket list goal of finishing a full marathon before my 50th birthday. 

Today was my very first day of running on my calendar. I ran a very slow 3 miles at 5:47am. It took 40:18 to finish with a pace of 13:25. I was definitely watching the mileage because it seemed to be taking forever! I ran a challenging route, so we will see what it looks like tomorrow when I run a flatter course. 

As I was finishing up my cool down, I saw my friends Nate and Mike out for a walk together. It was fun to make the declaration to them of my intention. Puts a little more accountability into the mix. 


No comments:

happy Wednesday