Saturday, August 24, 2019

last official day of my summer vacation

Yesterday morning dawned and I got the opportunity to spend the day with my two youngest children. Our first stop was the Walker Art Center Sculpture garden
We saw beautiful sculptures, walked across the I94 bridge to Loring Park



Admired the famous spoon and cherry sculpture


Caught a glimpse of my new favorite sculpture (I also purchased a t-shirt with image of the sculpture)

Then we ate lunch at the Smack Shack eating some Lobster Poutine and macaroni and cheese. 
Next stop was the Minnesota History Museum where we saw the history of First Avenue with dancing on a disco stage, meeting a favorite artist named Lizzo (or her image I should say)


ordered and made some ice cream at the soda shop, endured a tornado in the weather section, took apart a bison in the Native American exhibit, walked through a sod house, went up in an airplane on D-Day and found the country of Iceland on a world map. Spending time with these two are tops for me!



No comments:

preparing for baby

Summer and Ryan Blomgren are preparing for the arrival of their sweet firstborn baby in May. Here is a photo of their nursery with cradle ma...