Sunday, September 30, 2018

the woe of the toe

On Friday, I was leading gym class with two classrooms when I got called into the office for a call from Meyer Middle School. Amy E. called to tell me Katie had hurt her toe in class and was not putting any weight on her foot. The time was 2:10 and I still had 1 1/2 hours of the school day to work.

Thank you to my incredible co-workers who covered gym, to our para sub Megan for taking my class for the rest of the day, for Grace Gilberg (one of my students' parents) for giving me a ride home, to Courtney for giving me my bike so I could ride it to the High School to get our truck, to Anders for walking home from school so I had a truck to pick up Katie, to Amy for calling me and taking care of Katie while I scrambled to get to the Middle School, to Hudson Hospital for their kind care of Katie and reassurance to me for bringing her in for examination.

Results--Katie broke a bone low in her left pinky toe and is currently walking on a stiff shoe while it heals. The ER doctor said she will have increasing pain through Sunday, but that should start feeling better after Sunday. She will have to miss three on three basketball and also cross country until her foot is feeling better. I hope she doesn't die of boredom in the meantime...

we managed to find our way to Caribou for a treat after the ER. Hopefully that took an edge off the pain.

No comments:

track meet #1 for Osten

A picture perfect day for an inaugural track meet for Osten! He did long jump and the mile run. Long jump 9’ 6” and mile run at 6:12. He loo...