Sunday, September 9, 2018

friday night lights...whoot whoot!

On Friday after school, I arrived at the UW River Falls football field to help set up for our marching band tailgate party where we sell $5 meals to any community members who would like a grilled hotdog, brat or hamburger, chips, carrots and bars (I made frosted brownies where my dear Mom helped me decipher the term "large bar pan" in the making of the treat). We served over 200 people

and my brownie pan was empty.

Then I went home and picked up Osten and Katie for the football game. We walked to the field just in time to see the kickoff. As a staff member, I gain free entrance to the game ;).  Katie immediately separated to watch the game with friends and Osten and I took a spot in the stands. About 2 minutes after taking our seats, Osten's buddy and teammate Jonathan came to sit by us. The boys were greeted by Wiley Wildcat:
Then Jonathan went to get something and Osten followed him--they ended up sitting by a bunch of their Westside buddies and had a blast watching the game. The Wildcats faced the Menomonie Mustangs and the last time the Wildcats won was in 1995.

We were down by quite a bit in the first half. I ended up sitting by some friends and we were enjoying the game when the Wildcats started a scoring drive. Osten and his buddies came down a few times to sit near me and cheer and then they would go back up higher in the stands to better see the field. Jonathan's Dad is a football coach for our team, so I was getting some good tips from Jonathan on what was happening in the game.

At halftime, Anders and the marching Wildcats took the field to perform their piece--X the edge of the unknown. They are still practicing very hard so there were some little hiccups, but I see some very good bones.


During the 2nd half of the game, the Wildcats turned it up and we ended up defeating the Mustangs 25-18. This is a game that will live in our minds for a time to come.
Here are some of Anders former teammates after the win...
Joe Stoeffl, Seth Kohl, Austin Mueller, Peter Noreen and Peyton Flood


No comments:

goodbye April!

  What an absolutely perfect day! It’s raining now, but it was so great until 7:30!