Sunday, July 23, 2017

paddle down the Kinni

My favorite paddling partner and I rose early on Saturday morning and took a paddle down the Kinnikinnic. We saw a heron, a muskrat and heard lots of other birds on our 2 hour journey. I love the meandering river that moves pretty swiftly over nice little rapids. Neither of us tipped so we were successful in our journey.

What a great day and the weather couldn't have been better. We are happy we went in when we did--only saw one other kayak and several people fishing. When we went back to get the car, there was a long line up of vehicles.
Brad portaging his canoe down to the landing

ready for our paddle

the lower falls where we put into the river

on the way down river

No comments:

reflections

  I was able to visit with my charming nephew Vance at the wedding of Kyle and Paige this weekend. He asked if I had an aerial photo of the ...