Thursday, January 12, 2017

minka Russian Folk Song

Our class is busy preparing for our winter program. We have recently purchased the sheet music for Minka--The Russian Folk Song. I haven't taught note recognition to my class, but we have a lovely set of tone bars in our classroom that can be easily played to accompany one of the songs we are singing. It's amazing to me how beautifully some children are doing that have shown little or no interest in vocal music. SOOOO exciting.


From what I understand, Minka has been written many times and even some music was composed by Mozart. I think this may launch into a study of cultural music.  

No comments:

genes are strong

  This is a sweet 3 year old who is poking out her tongue. 👅 I happen to know her great grandmother, great aunt, her Mom and her Mom’s cous...