Thursday, April 21, 2016

lets get crazy

Prince Rogers Nelson passed away this morning at the age of 57. I will never forget the first time I saw his picture/heard of him. My best friend, Joanna Wentzlaff had his poster in her bedroom. He was a scrawny chested black man wearing a speedo. Joanna couldn't believe how beautiful he was--I was a bit mystified--that is until I heard his music. Purple Rain, Little Red Corvette, Darling Nikki, Let's Go Crazy, 1999...

Prince is an incredible icon who was a pioneer in the music industry. The world is mourning the passing of Prince Rogers Nelson today--I am deciding to celebrate an artist who will forever touch my musical life.

this is a copy of the picture that Joanna had on her wall. The first image I had of Prince; glad it wasn't the only one.

No comments:

genes are strong

  This is a sweet 3 year old who is poking out her tongue. 👅 I happen to know her great grandmother, great aunt, her Mom and her Mom’s cous...