Monday, December 17, 2012

dark

The darkness that must have invaded the young man who took so many lives and so much innocence on 12.14.12 is incomprehensible.  I pray that anyone who is facing that amount of dilusion seek and find mental health assistance.  I pray that we help build affective development of young people and guide parents in making the right decisions in raising their children.

I don't know the circumstances of the situation and can't even think of what the motive may have been, but I WANT to feel safe and not have conversations with my six year old about her principal announcing a lock down drill.  Talking about statistics and what to do if there is an active shooter in her school.  It feels like we are at war and who is the enemy?

No comments:

mid week pick me up

Tonight I met my friend Julie for some appetizers over in Hudson at Brick and Bourbon. So fun to catch up!