Friday, November 23, 2012

arctic blast!


While napping with O yesterday afternoon, Betty came down to wake me.  Our neighbor, Bob had called to report the chickens had escaped their warm little hutch.  Bleary eyed, I attempted to get a hold of a friend who was caring for our little hens to no avail. 

My intentions were to drive home anyway last night as I am working this morning, so I quickly packed up and left the family with Grandma Betty.  Thankfully, I left when I did--about half way home it started to rain.  When I made the River Falls city limits, it started to sleet.  I am so thankful I wasn't out in the thick of it!  It went from mid 50s in the morning to freezing in about 8 hours.

While I was home alone last night, I got quite a bit of Christmas decorating done.  Check out our theolsons5.blogspot.com for photos. 

No comments:

mid week pick me up

Tonight I met my friend Julie for some appetizers over in Hudson at Brick and Bourbon. So fun to catch up!