Monday, October 12, 2015

eagle and anchor 5K

On Saturday morning, K and I drove to the U of M campus to run K's first 5K, the Eagle and Anchor 5K. Stuart had invited us to run the race and we took him up on it. It was pretty incredible because as I arrived at the race, my former boss from Pii in Illinois was there! I asked if he was Keith Herwig and we visited for a short time. I visited with his wife more than I did with him and we realized that their son is in ROTC with Stuart. Small small world.

The race started and K looked like she was a veteran runner. She ran the entire course and finished 3 minutes ahead of me. She clocked 25 minutes and I clocked 28 minutes. She's my running ideal!

We then had lunch with Kurt, Jenna, Stuart and Kyenna at an Irish pub near the U of M campus and then went shopping and to Pan at the MOA and finally made it home after the sun had set. We had a pretty amazing Momma daughter day.


No comments:

game 2 at Target Center

Katie, Osten and I traveled to Target Center this evening to see the Timberwolves face the Phoenix Suns in game 2 of the NBA western confere...