Saturday, February 21, 2015

math grant

I have loved math most of my life.  I think the day I decided to love math is the day my cousin Chuck graduated from college.  I was a 5th grader and was attending the ceremony with my brother Kurt.  In casual conversation he asked me what my favorite subject was.  I told him that I thought it was reading because at that time I was a voracious reader.  He told me that his favorite subject was math.  I thought highly and still do think highly of my brother Kurt so decided to change my favorite subject that day.

I have been attending meetings on common core math implementation in the 3rd grade classroom.  It has been really exciting and here is something I'm taking back to my class in the coming weeks...teaching subtraction of negative number with integer chips.  I think it will be fun and meaningful.

isn't that cool?

No comments:

track meet #1 for Osten

A picture perfect day for an inaugural track meet for Osten! He did long jump and the mile run. Long jump 9’ 6” and mile run at 6:12. He loo...