Monday, September 8, 2014

goodbye Uncle Eldon

I called Mom and Dad late yesterday afternoon to catch up.  Dad told me that he was not doing well.  When I asked why, he told me of the passing of my dear Uncle Eldon.  I got choked up and really had a lot of great memories of a truly wonderful man flood into my mind.

This is a post from FaceBook from his son in law Rod...

Sandy Mitchell lost her father I a father In-Law Ashley Mitchell and Brittany Mitchell a Grandpa yesterday. Eldon Ekstrom 83 went to church, ate lunch, watched the Viks win and went to rest under a shade tree at Voss Park in Butterfield. As "BIG" a heart as he had it just couldn't keep up with him anymore Like all of us so many more will miss such a great man!

Your laugh and your smile will be forever in my heart, uncle Eldon.  Thank you for sharing them so plentifully over the years.

Eldon with his beloved Ruby, daughter in law, Michelle and son, Doug at the Pierson reunion on June 29, 2014

No comments:

warm memory of Uncle Leo

  My uncle Leo loved being in the woods and collecting maple sap and boiling it down. His grandson, Tyler just posted this photo of his gran...