Wednesday, November 13, 2013

hieroglyphics

Our class was introduced to hieroglyphics through a really nice little book that I picked up at Fox Den books last week.  Write Like and Ancient Egyptian is the name of the book and the kids adored it! 

After I made the purchase, I was perusing the bookshelf in my classroom and realized it was already there!  The former teacher had also thought it to be a great book.  I think we will be going other places with the study of language (one of Montessori's Great Lessons), but right now, we will be spending our time in ancient Egypt. 

The kids created artwork by writing their names and have started to create little notes to one another. 

No comments:

preparing for baby

Summer and Ryan Blomgren are preparing for the arrival of their sweet firstborn baby in May. Here is a photo of their nursery with cradle ma...