Tuesday, January 22, 2013

swim


On Friday afternoon, A and I headed to Lakeville for his very first swim meet.  We drove into the parking lot of the school and I heard an inhalation from my passenger.  "Wow, there are A LOT of people here, Mom!"  I asked him how he felt and he said "EXCITED".  We walked into the unfamiliar territory and I asked him if he wanted me to help him find his coach and he said that we wouldn't have any problem.

I had a few errands to run with K's party happening the next day, so I left him to warm up for his race.  Found Sam's Club, bought the necessary supplies and navigated my way back to the school.  Pulled in the parking lot, found a great parking space, walked in the door to see A on the starting blocks!  He dove into the pool and finished 4th in his group for the freestyle stroke.  Next up was backstroke where he finished 2nd in his group and the last was the breaststroke where he finished 1st in his group and 1st overall.

Fun night and looking forward to his next competition!

No comments:

genes are strong

  This is a sweet 3 year old who is poking out her tongue. 👅 I happen to know her great grandmother, great aunt, her Mom and her Mom’s cous...