Tuesday, July 5, 2011

great grandma grace's cookie recipe

determined tongue-stick out like grandma Vivian Grace

Kathryn dressed for the part of cookie maker

lovely curl in her tresses courtesy of heat and humidity

One of the qualities Brad found attractive in me was my ability and willingness to make chocolate chip cookies.  After almost 13 years of marriage, I have done a nice job of sticking to our promise of making a batch of cookies every two weeks--most of the time, I make a triple batch and more often than not, I take cookies to work or share with neighbors/friends.

The tradition is now being passed down to Ms. Beata, Beauty Child, Puppy Socks, Love of Life, Face of Love, Fingernails, Sandwiches

recipe:
1 1/2 cups shortening
1 1/2 cups white sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
3 tsp vanilla
3 eggs
2 1/4 cup wheat flour
2 1/4 cup white flour
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp salt
24 ounces chocolate chips
plus a strong arm so Brad doesn't eat all the dough

No comments:

happy anniversary

31 years ago my dear brother Cory married the enchanting Joan! Wishing you a lifetime of joy and happiness!