Sunday, April 30, 2023

15th half marathon!

My first EC half marathon in the 2020s! First was in 2009, second in 2019 and third in 2023. In my training, my right knee started hurting so I opted to run the first quarter mile of each mile and walk the last 3/4. It worked great and I beat my goal of 3 hours by completing in 2 hours and 52 minutes. It was COLD and WINDY, but once I got moving, it was perfect. 

Crowds were great, the water and Gatorade stops were appreciated and I got a glass of wine and a banana along the way. Hi fives with foam hands and a radio DJ we’re appreciated along with cow bells and words of encouragement. Before the start, I met some nice people from North Carolina, Altoona and Menomonie. While we were huddling to keep warm by the bathrooms. The marching band (not Anders) had some members playing as we ran through campus and lots of students were there to cheer. Unfortunately, Brad, Anders and Osten missed my crossing the finish line because I had predicted I would be slower in my finish. 

We did meet up and then went to lunch at Toppers Pizza and discussed Anders and Osten’s upcoming birthday celebration. 

So happy to have this opportunity and the support of my family! 




No comments:

happy Wednesday