Tuesday, June 21, 2022

summer solstice half Karenthon complete!

The training had been fun and when I saw the forecasted temperatures for my race day, I realized I needed to set the alarm very early as there were excessive heat warnings for most of the first day of summer. 

I woke at 4:10 and was on the road at 4:32 after filling water bottles, snapping a photo, putting my light vest and running shoes on. 

I decided to run the first 7 miles and be ok with walking the last 10K. The first 7 felt so good and I had enough fuel (gu and honey waffle & water), that I ran about half of the 10k too in spurts. 

Some interesting observations…found nice sunglasses, a nice tie down strap and a golf ball (took the golf ball for Katie to use on her sore foot…left the others). Saw a deer several times as I ran through Mann Valley. The corn in Mann Valley looked so good. The Lab Farm looked a smelled familiar and wonderful. A lot of people go to the McDonalds drive thru on north Main Street. Many people were out distance biking only one other runner. It’s really nice to finish before the temperatures were oppressive. 

Now it’s time to stretch, clean a bit and stay cool on this first day of summer. 

Statistics…finished in 2:49 finished 13.1 miles 





No comments:

eventful day

Anders turned 23, Ryan and Summer became parents to Leon Clarence—Leon was airlifted to Sioux Falls as he was having breathing issues and th...