Monday, June 29, 2020

major flooding!

This morning, I woke  in the middle of the night to some pretty heavy rain falling in River Falls. I really woke this morning to hear that we had a wet basement from my charming husband. Then, the texts starting coming through. Our dear friends, Jesse and Angie Bond were battling the Kinnickinnic River that flows through their backyard. 
 

All the belongings from their home were loaded up on trailers and now they are living with some friends here in town...

Our basement smells a little musty, but all the water has stopped flowing. Anders' room was the hardest hit--he had to do some cleaning, I did his bedding laundry. He spent the rest of the day sleeping in our bedroom and then had his six month anniversary with Lindsey this afternoon. Then it was off to his shift at Cardinal. 

The girls helped me in my classroom and then this evening Brad, Osten and I went for a walk to assess the level of the river. It had gone down since this morning...thank goodness.

Glen Park Swinging Bridge in the morning

The Dam in the morning

Veterans Park in the morning

the bridge in Veterans Park in the morning

Glen Park Swinging Bridge in the evening
ch
Checking out the dam and the White Path in the evening

Veteran's Park bridge in the evening

No comments:

happy Wednesday