Monday, September 17, 2012

milestone

My twin brothers celebrated their 50th birthday yesterday with my parents hosting a lovely party in their honor. I am just realizing how I regret not snapping a photo of my siblings and I  and my children with their cousins.  I know Kim was doing a lot of photography, so hopefully she was able to get some family shots. 

In attendance:  the birthday boys--Kent and Kurt, their parents, Vivian and Clarence, their siblings, Kyle, Cory and I, their aunt Jeanie, their cousin Chuck with his family Carol, Cameron and Ciera, Kent's family, wife Brenda and daughters Anna and Abby, Kurt's family, daughter Jenna and sons Vance, Stuart and Ross, Kyle's family, wife Kim, sons Adam, Kyle Jr. and Ryan and daughter Liana, Cory's family, sons Thomas and Evan and my family--husband Brad, sons Anders and Osten and daughter Kathryn. Cousin Trenton was under the weather so he and his Mom, Joan weren't able to attend. 

30 people to toast the soon to be 50 year olds!  Grand day for all.  Fun conversations, game playing and great food.  Thanks Mom and Dad.

My parents are THE best hosts in the world.  I am hoping their skills will transfer themselves to me in the future ;). 
cousins K & C playing together


identical i-phones and cases

Kent's new job as spokesperson for Just for Men hair dye

Kurt enjoying his kisses and new cup from nephew Ryan

reviewing the Sesame Street characters

Some of the gifts given were:  subscription to the hometown paper, hair dye, a bag of 50 marbles, cards, 50 kisses, pint glasses saying "50 never looked so good", Pulitzer Prize winning books and CDs with the top song of September 19, 1962 (their birthday) Sherry by the 4 Seasons.  But by far, the best gift was the party itself.

Happy Birthday, Kent and Kurt.

No comments:

warm memory of Uncle Leo

  My uncle Leo loved being in the woods and collecting maple sap and boiling it down. His grandson, Tyler just posted this photo of his gran...