Sunday, October 24, 2021

basking in the glow of setting a goal and making it happen!

Several years ago..10 years to be exact, my high school friend, Leah set a goal of running a marathon before her 40th birthday. I was inspired and set the same goal. 

The came the opportunity to live in the USVI as I was training for the 2011 Twin Cities marathon with my friend Trish so that goal wasn’t achieved. 

Fast forward to 2019 when I trained for, started running and failed to finish the 2019 Twin Cities marathon. At that point, I decided to make my own races…a half marathon in 2020 and a full today. 

A marathon I named a Karenthon. My own course, walking when I needed to and no time requirement. My goal was to finish in 7 hours. I did it in 6 hours and 15 minutes. 

The weather was COLD and I never would have finished if Brad hadn’t driven to mile 18 to deliver milk, cheese curds and two buns with cheese and summer sausage. 

What a great day and pretty great accomplishment. 
   
At 6:45 am...I'm about to layer up for the 29 degree temps (wearing the shirt I wore with friends a few years ago for a half marathon)

Here is the sun starting to rise on Wood Lake--I'm wearing a fancy glow vest to stay safe while running in low light situations


The moment I finished my race (I'm wearing my aunt Jeannie fleece)! 

Shortly after doing some stretching and showing my race shirt ;)



By the way, Leah just finished her first marathon  just a few weeks ago…the Wolverine Cheerleaders kicked some running butt this fall! 

No comments:

happy Wednesday