Wednesday, January 27, 2021

root veggies, veggie sausage and orzo--it's what's for dinner

Basking in the glow of a yummy dinner that I prepared this evening. 

First I got a 3 pound bag of root veggies from the Coop--from Harmony Farm in Viroqua, Wisconsin. Veggies included were: orange carrots, turnips, parsnips, rutabagas, celeriac and sunchokes. 

Then, I got some veggie sausages by Field Roast. 

Lastly, I prepared whole wheat orzo and tossed with olive oil and parmesan. 

To prepare the veggies, I chopped them, placed them on a cookie sheet covered in tin foil. I drizzled 3 tablespoons of olive oil, a tbsp. paprika, a tbsp. of oregano, a tbsp. of parsley, 1 tsp. salt and 1/2 tsp pepper. I popped them into a 400 degree oven for 15 minutes. 

While they baked, I sliced 2 Field Roast sausages. 

I removed them from the oven, stirred the veggies and added the sausages. Back in the oven for 25 minutes. Stirred them and back in the oven for another 20 minutes. 


Everyone liked the meal--Anders and Osten definitely preferred the orzo. Brad said he would eat it again and Katie thought the veggie sausages were great.  I packed two days worth of lunches for myself. Satisfaction has been achieved!

No comments:

eventful day

Anders turned 23, Ryan and Summer became parents to Leon Clarence—Leon was airlifted to Sioux Falls as he was having breathing issues and th...