Saturday, January 2, 2021

down home

We had a whirlwind trip to St James and Butterfield today. We (Brad, Anders, Lindsey, Katie, Osten and myself)left our home @ 8:45am and ended up arriving at Moms in St James at noon after picking up lunch of fried chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy, carrots and milk. 

We exchanged Christmas gifts then the six of us headed over to Kurt’s house to be surprised by Cory, Joan, Evan, Kyle, Kim, Liana & Ryan. It was so great to see so many of my family. We started a game of 99–Kurt, Kyle, Liana, Ryan, Anders and I around our family dining room table. Liana was out first, then me and then Anders. We realized we should get moving down the road so we could get Lindsey home to her grandmas’s house (her parents are quarantined) so left to have dessert with Grandma and say our final goodbyes. It was a super fun day seeing family. 
The sun was setting as we left the farm. 

My Pierson cousins at my grandparents 50th wedding anniversary party in 1975. From the front we are Nels, me, Andy, Cory, Missy, Erika, Kurt, Christina, Trudi, Jennifer, Doug, Kent, Kyle
A panoramic shot from the top of Kurt’s grain bin
Katie and I on the top

No comments:

eventful day

Anders turned 23, Ryan and Summer became parents to Leon Clarence—Leon was airlifted to Sioux Falls as he was having breathing issues and th...