Sunday, October 6, 2019

if at first you don't succeed, try try again

This morning, I was out of the house at 5:45am to drive to St. Paul for the Twin Cities Marathon. My training was challenging with some sore feet and a sore hip, so I decided I would try to train on elliptical. The first 14 miles were great and then...my legs felt like lead. By mile 18, I was falling pretty far behind, so far behind, that I had to exit the course due to time limits. I was going to try and just walk the rest of the way, but then decided I needed to take care of my body and my health, so went to an aid station and asked to be picked up by the bus of people who had the same struggles.

I ended up in a nice conversation with several people and have decided this is not my only attempt at a marathon. I was kind of hoping it would be, but there is an alternate plan for my Personal Record.

On another note, my 18 miles netted me nearly 45,000 steps and 50 floors. That is a victory in my book!


No comments:

track meet #1 for Osten

A picture perfect day for an inaugural track meet for Osten! He did long jump and the mile run. Long jump 9’ 6” and mile run at 6:12. He loo...