Saturday, December 2, 2023

spoiled rotten

I’m having quite a lovely start to 52. Yesterday I started my day with a walk with friend Petra and we had a lovely stargazing/Milky Way viewing party on our stroll. 

Then I received gifts from a few students, one from
Petra and also gifts from Julie related to our family photo session. 

Today, I met Julie at Willow River for a hike and view of the waterfall. Now I’m lesson planning for the next few weeks and watching sappy Hallmark Christmas movies. Soon I’ll be heading over to school to print lesson plans, to the university to lift some weights and then back home. 

My exciting Saturday night will be doing report cards and watching even more sappy movies. 

All these things are near and dear to my heart, but this really hit home…from my friend Petra who made this beautiful gift…
And here is the message she wrote in the card: dear friend, you are such a bright and shining good in the world and in my heart. Thanks for all our walks under the twinkling stars and happy birthday. Love, Petra 

Then she sent me this very sweet response to my text thanking her for sharing her incredible talent: 

You're welcome! I wanted you to have that coaster because of those colors, but I really debated if it was good enough for you. It has a mistake in the patten. 

Then I thought about the indigenous weavers who always leave one mistake in their weaving because human nature is imperfect. I knew it was exactly the right gift for you.  A teacher who teaches her students mistakes are human. Given by a very forgetful human friend. šŸ˜‚ Love you. 

Now here are more photos of the past days:





No comments:

eventful day

Anders turned 23, Ryan and Summer became parents to Leon Clarence—Leon was airlifted to Sioux Falls as he was having breathing issues and th...