Saturday, February 4, 2023

saving summer

Last spring, in my big planter out front I had a beautiful purple passion plant. When I pulled the plants in late fall, I took a clipping and put into a little vase in the kitchen. I kept it watered and it kept living. 

A few times, it ran out of water and looked pretty limp. I realized that it was sprouting roots. I quickly added water and the plant returned to life. 

Today, I decided to try and plant the clipping in soil. I had a liner, bought a pretty piece of pottery from our second hand store Treasures From the Heart and then put glass gems and potting soil in the liner. Next, I bought planted the root ball in the soil. Now I’ve placed the liner in the pottery and it’s sitting on my parents’ metal tray in the breakfast nook. 

Fingers and toes crossed the plant survives and thrives. 








No comments:

happy Wednesday