Thursday, July 15, 2021

a series of unfortunate events

Started the day with a great run with Louis at 5:45. Then Brad and I got our stuff together for a paddle down the Kinni. I should have listened to the little voice in my head that said "you really should not bring your purse" I didn't listen. My little purse with my phone, keys, license, money, credit cards...floating down the Kinni and maybe on it's way down the St. Croix/Mississippi. 

Bright notes...a little boy from church was fishing by the river and said he would keep an eye out for it. Another friend from church's daughter is on the Kinni today and is keeping an eye out for it. My water bottle didn't get lost. It did take a little swim down the river, but we recovered it twice!

The river was really low and lots of rapids...totally exhilarating but still it was pretty unfortunate to lose my purse/important belongings. 

Note to self...listen to that inner voice and it's not that important to get a great photo. I made an expensive mistake. 


No comments:

happy Wednesday