Tuesday, March 6, 2018

early release

On Monday, I was presenting a lesson on Haiku to my Beta students when I received a call from Superintendent Benson saying we were going to have a 2 hour early release. At the time, the weather hadn't descended, but the level of energy in the room was palpable.

I do believe children can sense big weather changes.

I worked on some projects including some artwork for the PTO fundraiser--chili cook off and filing some graded papers. I looked out the window and noticed a copious amount of snow falling down. Anna stopped down to see if I needed a ride. I denied the offer but when Brad called to see if I needed a ride, I decided it would be really smart.

Here is a Haiku that was inspired by the beautiful snow:

The snow is falling
rapidly filling the streets
now it's time to dig

No comments:

preparing for Alaska

Packing and doing end of the month tasks as we are getting ready to leave for Alaska. Grouted my stepping stone, went on my end of the month...