Sunday, September 15, 2019

78.375 for first place Marching Wildcats

Right after we woke from our naps, Brad, Osten and I headed north to see the Marching Wildcats take the field in Cumberland, Wisconsin. Prior to our arrival, the field and stands had been inundated with rain so we arrived at an ideal time.

We sought out dining options--Brad and Osten opted for Brats and I chose a cavateli pasta from a local restaurant called Bona Casa. I think I chose the best option as Osten helped me with finishing my meal. Hot chocolate was also a welcome beverage as the temperatures were dipping down into the 50s.

We saw the AA and AAA bands perform. Merril, Chippewa Falls and River Falls. We also got to see the host school and an exhibition band, Hudson, perform.

Of course, I thought River Falls was far superior to all the other bands and it turned out the judges agreed. River Falls won best colorguard, best percussion, best visual and best music. They also won overall best band with a score of 78.375. Last weekend, they scored a 66 so they must have done a lot of work in the past week to bring it all together. Keep up the hard work and seeking your pot of gold, Wildcats!




 our tuba is the final marcher on the field, walking closely to the director, Mr. Jaeckel



our tuba player is the far right one...really close to the flag in the foreground

No comments:

break day 3

Woke up on my home farm and headed over to Brandt Ridge to get the last of Moms stuff packed and brought to Kyle and Kim’s garage. We got he...