Thursday, July 18, 2019

day one in Eureka

We all slept in this morning and then went exploring, got some yummy baked goods and coffee, walked the boardwalk, got fishing licenses for Brad and Anders and then went back to get ready for the beach.


Playing football in an open field






We picked up some items at a 2nd hand store--long sleeved shirt for Brad, a beach chair and a sunhat for Brad and headed to Samoa beach for several hours. We played football, played in the surf, hung out under our new sun hut and enjoyed the day. Katie got pretty burned...I hope she's feeling ok tomorrow. I had bought some good sun recovery spray in Florida, so I hope it works for her.







We had McDonalds cheeseburgers for lunch and Taco Bell for dinner. Then we went to the grocery store to get some essentials like ice cream, apples, bread, popcorn, milk, cereal, yogurt, granola and chips. Now we are settled into watching television and will shortly prepare for a day in the Redwoods tomorrow.

I love spending time with my family. I'm extremely blessed to have this opportunity.

No comments:

mid week pick me up

Tonight I met my friend Julie for some appetizers over in Hudson at Brick and Bourbon. So fun to catch up!